March 20, 2010

Cinema Saturday

I'm so excited to participate in this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! Here's my DEEsign:


The challenge this week is 13 Going on 30:


I was so excited to participate since this is one of my favorite movies! I actually have the cream and brown Nanette Lepore jacket that Jennifer Garner wears in this movie!

Here are the DEEtails for my card inspired by Jenna's outfit in the photo above:

1. I wanted to take elements from her outfit - the nightie (lace trim and flowers) and jacket (brown polka dots and grosgrain ribbon trim) - mixed with a little bit of "Wishing Dust." I started off with a Rose Red card and layered the other elements.

2. I thought that the brown floral patterned paper from the American Crafts Letterbox series was perfect, even though it wasn't exactly polka dots. I cut a rectangle and trimmed it with some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon.

3. I stamped the Wishes sentiment from my Heard from the Heart set on Rose Red Card stock and trimmed the rectangle to size. I'm pretty boring when it comes to geometric shapes. I opted for rectangles...

4. I used my Scallop Trim punch and Scallop Corner punch to create a lacy edge for the back of my Wishes sentiment.

5. For the final touch, I layered Chocolate Chip flowers, punched with my Martha Stewart Hydrangea blossom punch, with some flower confetti pieces from my stash, and a rhinestone to add a touch of sparkle - Wishing Dust!

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. love your inspirations on this movie...I loved her little nightie too :) Gorgeous blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used, some of my favorites along with the scalloped edging. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combo and I love your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo love your color combo, makes for a very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really neat combo colors!
    Anary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card... I really love all the inspiration details you added to your card.. Thanks for sharing the inspiration behind the card.
    Thanks for joining us this week.
    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete