March 10, 2010

A Gift For Darlene


My mom asked me to make a set of cards for her friend as a thank you gift. Darlene loves birds, so here's what I DEEsigned for her:

DEEtails:

1. I used Paper Source Chartreuse and SU! Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Old Olive card stock for my color scheme. I tried to keep a lot of same elements, such as Chartreuse birds, Chocolate Chip backing the birds and Kraft cards.

2. To compliment these colors, I used 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Chocolate Chip along with some bits of Hemp Twine.

3. I love using the "Hello" sentiment from my Pendant Park stamp set for generic cards. I also used the flower from my Season of Friendship set to create a patterned background for these cards with VersaMark and clear embossing powder.

4. I thought scallops looked cute with the Season of Friendship flower, so I used lots of scallop circles, some scallop edges, and even a scallop oval.

5. You must know by now that I adore my bird punch, but this time, I did a creative twist. I first stamped half of the greenery from the Pendant Park stamp set in VersaMark, using clear embossing powder. Then I punched out the bird. This created the neat patterned bird. I kept his wing plain, so it's not over-the-top.

Hope you like it! And I hope Darlene does too!

1 comment: