January 14, 2010
My Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Starter Kit came in the mail today. Isn't the box so cute!?
On top of all this excitement, Pals Paper Arts has a new challenge today! So, come play along! This week they have an inspiration challenge. Here's the inspiration (yum!):
And here's my DEEsign:
I am so pleased with my card (and hungry for some chocolate!) Here are some DEEtails:
1. I've been wanting to make a creative little XOXO card for Valentine's Day using something unexpected for the Os. I've been experimenting with buttons, flowers and hearts, but it wasn't quite right. When this inspiration picture went up, I knew exactly what to do!
2. I didn't have red card stock, but I managed to find a scrap of red textured paper to use as the background. I liked it because it gave the simple card a little bit of depth.
3. I searched high and low for an X that I could use and couldn't find a single one! Finally I decided to use my creativity and used a scallop square punch. I punched the square and then cut triangles out of the 4 sides to make the Xs!
4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my paper truffles! I used my one-inch circle punch and placed it on the paper about 3/4 of the way in, leaving a straight edge on the bottom. Then I used my white Souffle pen to add the white chocolate drizzle.
5. I used vellum paper to make the paper cup thingy (what do you call those anyway?). I folded a one-inch strip of vellum back and forth and cut to the desired length.
Hope you like it!