Here are the DEEtails:
1. I got a couple of these little metal mailboxes from the Dollar Spot at Target a few years ago, knowing that I would have a perfect project for it. I finally have it! They sell them every year, so hurry over to Target to get yours now!
2. I used a cute pink and brown bird paper from the American Crafts Metropolitan paper pack. I was so excited because the orientation of the birds works perfectly. It's as though the paper was made for this project!
3. I used a 1/2" circle punch and a straight cut to the edge to make the paper fit around the mailbox flag. Then I used some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon around the edges to finish the product (and hide the cuts). Perfect!
4. For the front (and back), I used Melon Mambo card stock cut to size. I used my Scallop Trim Border punch on More Mustard card stock and cut a strip of Chocolate Chip 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon to finish the look. I used my Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch on a striped paper from the Metropolitan pack and a Melon Mambo wing. Too cute! I added the je t'aime embellishment from my bowl of random sentiments to finish the look. I cut some simple hearts using my Sizzlits Hearts set with the same striped paper and Pretty in Pink card stock.
5. I embellished the flag with a scallop circle using my Bigz Scallop Circle #2 die (the scallops are slightly further apart than the SU! punch) I used a 1" circle punched around Sending You My Love stamp from the Circle of Friendship set for the center of the flower, then tied a couple pieces of ribbon around the flag. Love it! Hope you do too!