April 9, 2015

Colorful Thank You


I'm back again today with another card. Today I'm playing along at the Card Concept. I love this bright and fresh color palette!


DEEtails:

I started with this awesome Ikat stamp that I had in my stash. I inked up a few small areas with my Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker and spritzed it with a bit of water and stamped it on. I copied the technique with Lost Lagoon and stamped it over the Calypso Coral. Once everything has dried, I stamped the pretty flowers from So Very Grateful in Versamark ink and embossed it in black. I colored in my image using the same colors as the background and some Gumball Green for the leaves. I love how the ink from the background and the colored flowers are layered. Then I stamped and embossed the lovely sentiment from Avery Elle's Oh Happy Day onto some Gumball Green Cardstock, which I trimmed into a thin banner. I tucked a piece of Calypso Coral DSP doily underneath and sprinkled with some pretty sequins.

I always struggle to define my card style, but especially for this one....  Help me, please!


Paper: Artist's Loft 140# Watercolor Paper, Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack In Color 2011-2013, Gumball Green Cardstock
Stamps: Ikat Backgound (??), Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle), So Very Grateful
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers: Calypso Coral, Gumball Green, Lost Lagoon; Versamark
Embellishments: Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, In Color Sequin Assortment
Tools: Doily Details Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), heat tool

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you have done a fabulous job capturing the inspiration colors in your card (which I'd call clean & layered). Such a pretty mix of the water colored images paired with the stamped images and the perfect amount of white space to maintain a clean design. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous use of the colors in the challenge! Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! Great job with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous stamping. Love the mixture of watercolor and normal stamping. Glad you joined the fun at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete