Last week, Hubby and I took a little trip to Ohio to visit our families. We had a great time, but it's good to be back. It's funny, the things we appreciate more once we come back from a week away from home. This may be the most random post ever, but I'm trying to add a little more me on the blog-o instead of just showing you my card creations. So, here's the rundown of what we missed while we were away.
1. Our Bed. I am in love with our bed. Our smooth sheets, our fluffy pillows, and my cloud-like blankets, it's such a nice little place to be! Hubby and I have what we think is the most comfortable mattress in the world. We've traveled and stayed in some pretty nice hotels with those really comfy beds, but we still love ours the most! It's nothing fancy - just a mattress we picked out at Value City years ago, but we love it. After a week away, we slept like babies! :)
2. Toilet Paper. There's nothing quite like using the TP that you pick out and purchase yourself. It's selected just for my tush, so it seems just right. Is that weird that I miss my toilet paper? Sorry for the weirdness... Moving on...
3. Thermostat. It's just another one of those personal preferences. I always grew up with the house a little on the cool side. I used to freeze practically to death in high school, but now bedtime just isn't right if I don't feel like a popsicle laying on my cloud bed. Since I've moved out, my parents have chosen to be more energy efficient, which means that the thermostat is adjusted to be a few degrees warmer. Coming back to our apartment and feeling chilled was quite nice.
4. Icy Hot. I'm addicted to this stuff. Seriously. I love the way it feels and smells. But when we're traveling, I try my best not to use it since the smell is a bit overpowering. You know, I'm just trying to be courteous to the fam. I definitely take a tube with me, but it stays in my bag unless I really really need it. You betcha I slathered some on as soon as I got into bed our first night home! I have a good hubby who puts up with my Icy Hot addiction.
5. Snuggle Pup. Since our families only live about 15 minutes away from each other and we want to maximize our time spent with them, Hubby and I go our separate ways when we visit Ohio. I stay with my fam and he stays with his. We still do things together, but the majority of our time in Ohio is spent apart. It works out well since our families have different interests - I enjoy shopping with my mom while he goes canoeing and fishing with his dad. Our pup stays with Hubby and his family since they have a huge outdoors to explore. Plus they have lots of big dogs (and even a new puppy!) and they love to play together. When we get home, we toss her in the shower and clean her off after all that outdoor exploring. She loves giving super snuggles at bedtime and I kind of missed having to share my pillow with her.
So there you have it. The five random things that I missed while I was away. What about you? What makes you give that nice sigh of "it's good to be home" when you return from a trip away?
P.S. I've updated my DEEscounted Stamps page with a bunch more of my stamps. Plus, I"m working on adding even more today, so be sure to check it out! :)