April 20, 2013

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge 24


Naki and I haven't created a card together since February... What?!? Between the two of us, we've had birthdays, illness, and traveling, and we just haven't been in sync. And with all the craziness, we both kind of lost the inspiration to create. The two of us ordered some new goodies, got inspired and we're finally back on track now.

Naki's pick this week is to use the retiring Stampin' Up! Colors
My pick was to use the Sent With Love Stamp Set





I'm gonna tell you that this was a tough challenge... The Sent With Love set is fabulous, but it's so hard to create something without using all the adorable coordinating DSP and colors! And although I'm sad to lose the retiring SU! colors, I had a difficult time creating a combo with them that I loved right away. My card eventually evolved into this...


Here are the DEEtails:

I started with a Not Quite Navy base and layered some Pretty in Pink DSP and Regal Rose card stock, trimmed with my pinking shears. I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around it added my embellishments.  I created a little ticket using a sentiment from Sent With Love and an image from That's the Ticket, punched out with the coordinating ticket punch. Then I punched a heart out of River Rock card stock and ran it through my crimper for some texture. I stamped arrow from Sent With Love and cut it out to finish things off. I still feel like it needs a little something, but it's just not coming to me... Any thoughts?

Don't forget to check out Naki's creation over on her blog. Then make your own card using our Double Dare picks and leave us a comment with a link to your card!

No comments:

Post a Comment