April 18, 2013

Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge


What a fun sketch we have for you this week over at Pals Paper Arts! Here's what Margaret has made for us this week:
And now for the card DEEtails:

This card is all about layers! I started with the Vine Street embossing plate, layered onto some Pool Party card stock. Then I die cut a framed base using the label collection and oval collection framelits, with Basic Gray card stock and some Basic Gray DSP. I adhered it with some Stampin' Dimensionals over some Two Tone Ribbon. I layered some butterflies, using the new This & That DSP and Pool Party card stock and added a few Rhinestone Jewels.  Then I added my last layer, the sentiment from Sweet Essentials onto my card.

I can't wait to see what you do with this sketch! Be sure to hop over to PPA to see what the rest of our Resident Artists have created and link up your creation. See you there!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Nina! I love the gray and pool party together. I am going to have to try this color combination. Love everthing about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh, modern color scheme. how did you create the shape behind the oval?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color combination, Nina! That's a great way to use that ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contrast between the gray and the baja is so cheery! I love your little double butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Nina! Love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool.......calm.......serene....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Nina! I love this color combination. Such a clean card. I love the bling on the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you create the gray matting...besides the oval die? Thanks...great card!! Fran Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors, Nina...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, swoon, the colors are so dreamy. I love this!

    ReplyDelete