January 18, 2012

I {Heart} Metallic Ribbon


Today I'm sharing a simple card that I whipped up for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Challenge. Aren't these tissue paper pom poms just gorgeous?!


I love this color combination so much and I decided to add a bit of gold ribbon and use it as my inspiration for my I {Heart} Metallic Ribbon Challenge.


DEEtails, DEEtails, DEEtails:

I started with a shimmery MS doily from my stash and tied on some pretty gold ribbon. Then I got to work with my pom pom flowers, using my punches and card stock. I punched out the flowers, then rolled them between my fingers until the paper fibers began to peel. I carefully peeled apart the layers to create these tissue-like flowers. It's a simple technique, really, and makes beautiful flowers. Then I stamped my sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites. I'm lovin' it... How about you? :)

Don't forget to link up to my I {Heart} Ribbon Challenge. We're celebrating this month with some metallic ribbon! Come join in on the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love your take on the TT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really too informative to us, good perception of images and good description by which any one can get information what they want to this post.......As for as my thinking is concerned this one is the best post.

    Thanks for sharing such a informative post.

    Metallic Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your champagne/slightly pink colored pom pom (the one in the very front of your image above)... where did you get the tissue paper for it? I've been looking everywhere for it!

    Many thanks. Love your site :)

    ReplyDelete