January 8, 2012

Fun and Colorful Birthday!


After a nice long break, I'm excited to share this week's card for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! Check out this fun and colorful inspiration cuppy! :)


DEEtails:

It's been a while since I made my last layered border punch card (one of my favorite techniques, by the way), so I was eager to create one for this week's challenge. I simply punched out strips of Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Island Indigo, and Early Espresso card stock using various border punches (Scallop Edge, Scallop Trim, Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Pinking Hearts, and Eyelet Border). Then I layered them over each other. I die cut a PTI Fillable Frames die in Melon Mambo and stamped the cute sentiment from SU!'s A Word for You. Then I punched out the cute little cuppy using the Cupcake Builder punch and Create a Cupckae stamp from Stampin' Up! and tied a little bit of Baker's Twine around the cupcake liner. What do you think?

Come play along with the sweeties over at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

  1. very cute...i love all the bright colors

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation-- you have done full justice to your inspiration
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding card -- the colors really pop! A great birthday surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card! it definitely has a WOW factor. what a great way to use all of your border punches.

    ReplyDelete