March 23, 2015

Some of My Favorite Things


Good morning friends! Happy Monday! I found a bit of time to craft this weekend and made this card using the sweet sketch from My Favorite Things with some of MY favorite things.


Here are the DEEtails:

I started with this fun chevron background for my card and used the Stitched Line die from Your Next Stamp to create a nice stitched edge along all four sides. I die cut a little doily using dies from Papertrey Ink and their awesome patterned Vellum. It's hard to see in the photos, but there is a sweet polka dot detail on the vellum that is just the perfect touch! Next I layered on some more polka dots, with some Pool Party patterned paper (say that fast!) trimmed into a banner. These Bigger Blooms are so lovely and I die cut and stamped them in some of the pretty In Colors (Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding). I layered them to make a little cluster of blooms. The little flowers were dotted with some Sparkly Teal Gumdrops and attached with some Stampin' Dimmensionals to add a bit of depth to the flowers. I added some more Sparkly Teal Gumdrops around the doily as well. Lastly, I added some gorgeous seam binding from Paper Sweeties. I'm loving all the fun goodies on this card! I hope you like it!


Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock, In Color 2013-2015 Designer Series Paper Stack, Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, Pool Party Cardstock, Sheer Basics Vellum Patterned Paper collection, Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
Stamps: Bigger Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Embellishments: Robin Egg Seam Binding (Paper Sweeties), Sparkly Teal Gumdrops (Your Next Stamp)
Tools: Bigger Blooms Die (Papertrey Ink), Doily Details Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), Stampin' Dimmensionals, Stitched Line Die (Your Next Stamp)

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet card! The colors are so soft and pretty, and those flowers are so lovely! I especially love that doily...I need to go shopping now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are some of my favorite things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colors, Nina!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete