March 15, 2015

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 301



Good morning friends! Are you partied out?! Hahaha! We're back to our regularly scheduled challenge at Cupcake Inspirations and today we have a fun theme challenge.


Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Digi Stamps and I'm playing along with a cute image called Theodore Shamrocks. Isn't he just adorable?

Here are the DEEtails:

I printed Theodore and his little lucky friend on some white cardstock and colored the image using Stampin' Write and Blendabilities markers. I cut Theodore out carefully and ran a black marker along the edges to there was no extra white showing. I love how this simple trick makes the image look so much more finished, especially against a black background. I felt like Theodore needed a pot of gold or something like it, which is what inspired this shaker card (plus the fact that now I'm obsessed with making shaker cards - haha!) I die cut a rectangle out of the center of a piece of Basic Black Cardstock. I don't have a fancy set of frame dies to make shaker cards, so I double-dutied a polaroid style frame die to cut out the center. I added a piece of transparency paper behind for a window and added strips of black fun foam along the edges. I also added some strips of fun foam in a triangle shape behind Theodore since the space behind him doesn't really need any confetti. Then I filled the area up with gold and sealed it up by attaching the card base. Theodore was adhered carefully and I added some extra sparkle with my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen. Stella got a little excited and splatted out a bit, which is why my clovers are extra sparkly! :)


Paper: Basic Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, transparency paper
Stamps: Theodore Shamrock (Bugaboo Digi Stamps)
Ink: Stampin' Blendabilities - Daffodil Delight, Old Olive; Stampin' Write Markers - Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Garden Green, Going Gray, Real Red
Embellishments: 6mm Gold Confetti (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools: Fabulous Frames Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), Fun Foam, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen

Now stop over at Cupcake Inspirations and see what the rest of our Sweeties created this week! Hope you'll play along with this challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Who isn't, Nina? That's I am talking about a shakers. It's the greatest thing Iin the whole cardmaking world :)
    I really love the idea of black background and gold dots, your card looks super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your gold coins! Your Theodore is super adorable, great job on coloring him! Now I need to go add the glitter pen in my YNS order...!

    ReplyDelete