October 22, 2014

What I Ate

I had full intentions of doing a What I Wore in Hawaii post for you, but it just never panned out. For starters, we were in Hawaii... and with all the excitement, I honestly forgot to take the pics. Secondly, we were in Hawaii... which means a lot of lazy days, and sometimes I was just too lazy to take pics. Plus, did I mention we were in Hawaii... which means we were eating a lot of delicious food, and it probably was a good idea not to take pics of what I wore. Haha. But really, even though we were in Hawaii, you didn't miss out on much because I just wore jeans and tops, which is my usual Jeans Friday attire. So instead, I've decided to share lots of yummy pics of the things we ate while on this trip.

Just a few notes, before we begin... I LOVE Japanese food and seafood - I know not everyone is a fan, so ignore this post if the sight of seafood makes you queasy... Come back tomorrow because I'm also a huge fan of breakfast foods and of course any kind of dessert :) If you're in the same boat as me, it's a good idea to have eaten something before you start reading because these photos will seriously get your tummy rumbling! :)

First up is this delicious Ikura Don from Hokkaido Ramen Santouka. Apparently, the restaurant is a chain from Japan? The added salmon in the traditional ikura don made this dish delish :)



Goma Tei is a favorite, and although the vegetable ramen isn't what I ordered, it was seriously yummy!



We ate lunch one afternoon at The Plumeria Beach House at The Kahala. I had the Baked Caesar Salad, which was so yummy. 


And the Chirashi Sushi looked delicious too!



We had dinner one night at Izakaya Tairyo and ordered the Harvest from the Sea and Mountain. Fun name for a meal :) I could have done with a little more Harvest from the Sea in our dish though...
  


We also ate lunch at House Without a Key at the Halekulani. I forgot to take a photo, but I had Joy's Special Sandwich (Alaskan King Crab Meat Salad, Avocado, and Bacon on Wheat Bread). I paired it with a Guava Smoothie. I can't even tell you how yummy it was! 



We did eat at home one night. Lamb chops with mint rice. Yum! I said I wasn't hungry and asked for only one lollipop. It was so yummy, I think I ate five...



My last dinner was at Assagio - I am a huge fan of pasta! I ordered the Seafood Combination with garlic wine sauce, with no garlic. Haha. I didn't want to smell of garlic on the plane! Let me tell you, this seafood was delish! Are you checking out those giant pieces of calamari? I still have dreams of them :)



Be sure to come back tomorrow to see more eat from Hawaii. I'll be sharing all the delicious desserts I enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment