September 21, 2012

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge 6


Time for another Double Dare Challenge! Here are our picks for this week:

Naki picked a fun color combination: Pacific Point, Basic Black, and Whisper White

My pick was to make a birthday card.



Here's my take on the challenge:


DEEtails:

I'm trying to get a head start on birthday cards, since my family has a number of fall birthdays. My baby brother turns 15 soon (um, I hope he's not checking out my blog...) and the bright bold of Pacific Point reminds me of him, so this challenge worked out perfectly! I really wanted some bold black and white patterns, but didn't have anything good in my stash, so I went with some Basic Black DSP. I'm quite enjoying the patterns here. Then I added a piece of zig zag along the edge. I stamped part of the sentiment from the retired Afterthoughts set. Then I die cut some numbers in Pacific Point and added them with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Pretty simple, but I love the boldness. What do you think?

Don't forget to check out Naki's blog and see her take on the challenge. And then create something yourself! What are you waiting for? Link up below! :)

1 comment:

  1. love the black & white background with a pop of color.
    hugs, m

    ReplyDelete