July 27, 2020

Naki & Nina's Double Dare Challenge

Well, hello there! It's been a long time since I shared some paper crafting of my own, but I'm here today with something fun! My dear friend, Naki, has recently been in a bit of a crafting slump as well, so we did what we do best - challenged each other! That's right! We've brought back Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge! Haha!


Our Double Dare Challenge was something silly we came up with ages ago to inspire each when our creativity was feeling a little low. We've turned to the challenge before when we have needed a creative boost and we knew we needed something again to get us back into our craft spaces! Believe it or not, this is our 35th challenge! Whoa!

We each pick a challenge item that we combine together to make a Double Dare Challenge. We've sometimes come up with some crazy combinations! Our picks for this round were lots of fun!

improve one of your old designs from the past (the older the better)!

use something you have been hoarding in your stash!


Are you ready?! Let's get crafty! To get started on this challenge, we both had to take a trip down memory lane and look at some of our oldest cards and creations to inspire us. I decided to use one of my favorite first challenges as my inspiration! Here's the original post from 10 years ago!

Even after all this time, I still think this inspiration photo from Moxie Fab is so beautiful. 


Here's the card I made for the challenge!


And here's a peek at my original card design! 


I've destashed so much since I haven't been crafting as much. I don't even own the stamps that I used on this card anymore! I still love the white stamped image on kraft paper and knew I wanted to create a similar look. 


I had fun creating the background for my updated card using some beautiful floral stamps. In hind sight, I do wish I added a little more of the blue/teal color to my card. It ended up looking a little more for a bride than a birthday girl, but I'm still loving this! The hoarded item I decided to use was my Nuvo Crystal Drops! I'm not actually hoarding it, but I've been unsure of what to do with them, so they've been sitting up on my shelf until now. The Nuvo Drops were actually a gift from Naki and happened to be the perfect color for this card! 

Here are the DEEtails:

Paper: Baked Brown Sugar cardstock, Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock, White Vellum cardstock
Stamps: Bigger Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: Neptune Turquoise Nuvo Crystal Drops, white scalloped ribbon (American Crafts) White Stampin' Emboss Powder


Hope you like it! We'd love for you to join us in the challenge too! You can link your card in the comments below or join us on Instagram by tagging us @deesignsbyninadee and @notesfromnaki with #nnddchallenge. We Double Dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment