February 17, 2020

You Are My Sunshine


I've been feeling crafty lately so I'm here with another card today.

Our little girl is super duper into reading. She has always loved sitting and listening to stories and from a very young age, scolded us for not teaching her all the letters so she can learn to read. In fact, she recently received the 500 by 5 award (for reading 500 books before the age of 5) from our local library and is now on a mission to read as many books as she possibly can on her own (it's been a month now and she has already read 24 books).

We've been so proud of her so I made her this little card. I also wanted to surprise her with a little bookmark, since she is always trying to steal mine! I love this stamp set that I won from a card making challenge last year from Paper Smooches. It was perfect to make a card to celebrate our little girl.


Here are the DEEtails:

Paper: Artist's Loft 140# Watercolor Paper, Crushed Curry cardstock, Pacific Point cardstock, I Am... paper pad (Simple Stories)
Stamps: Sunnyville (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Embellishments:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Pompom Trim, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, White Stampin' Emboss Powder
Tools: Kuretake Gansai Tambi, laminator

No comments:

Post a Comment