August 31, 2012

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge 3


What a wild week this has been... But actually, things have been much more calm during this first week than it has in years past. It's just been very different with our principal out and a new vice principal. But, don't let me bore you with those details... Let's get on to the good stuff!

Naki wanted us to include butterflies.

I chose the new Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP. I told you that we end up with some crazy combinations! And I promised that we make our choices blindly!


And here are the DEEtails for my card:

Notice that I'm still in my "blue phase"... I promise it was completely unintentional! I started by die cutting my butterfly, using the Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP. The polka dot pattern is perfect for a non-Halloween card. And since butterflies are so NOT Halloween, it seemed the obvious choice. :) And then I just layered away... A layer of Very Vanilla, then some Summer Starfruit DSP, and Comfort Cafe DSP on top of my Pool Party card. Plus another die cut butterfly, this time with Summer Starfruit card stock, and the sentiment from Just Believe. I'm loving all this patterny goodness. :)

Did you check out Naki's card this week? And be sure to pull out your butterflies and Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP and create something fun of your own. Then link up your card below!

1 comment:

  1. very clever . . . there's no hint of halloween paper anywhere. love how you used the gray polka dot to build your butterfly

    ReplyDelete