March 6, 2011

Botanical Prints


Today's trio of cards is for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Check out the fabulous floral cupcake for this week's inspiration.


DEEtails:

These images from this week's sponsor, Paper Garden, really reminded me of antique botanical prints, so I wanted to create some cards that looked like framed botanical prints. I like to use Microsoft Publisher to arrange and size my image and text. I printed my images on some Natural White card stock and colored them in with Stampin' Write Markers (Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi and a little bit of Crumb Cake). Then I trimmed my images and added two layers of Crumb Cake card stock for a frame. I added some Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon and adhered it to Wild Wasabi cards. Here's a closer look at each card.


Psst! Head over to Paper Garden and download their FREE Cupcake Digital Stamp Set and play along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! :)

3 comments: