January 4, 2011

So Sweet


My card today was inspired by a chair from this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge.


DEEtails:

I created my flower with Rose Red card stock, using the large scallop circle from my Scallops 2 Bigz Die. I cut out the center, so I only had the scalloped edge and rolled it around a pearl brad from my stash. Then I used my Scallop die (the largest one) to make the background and used the PTI Diamonds Impression plate to get a little extra texture on my Naturals White scallop circle. I tied some Kraft Taffeta ribbon and added a Decorate Label punch, stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings set. I added a strip of Raspberry Tart DSP, layered over a piece of Rose Red card stock, then added a Naturals White background to my Crumb Cake card. Hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. wow . . . you really know how to translate a challenge. i'm always so amazed. the embossed scallop circle is lovely. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have you play along with us this week in The Cafe...this is a really sweet entry for our gallery. Here's to seeing you more and more in 2011 at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! Love that doily and the combo of ribbon and flower! BEAUTIFUL:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card - the pearl is just so lovely in the flower :)

    ReplyDelete