January 17, 2011

Color Inspiration: Bright and Bold


Fun! Fun! Fun! Cath over at Moxie Fab World is hosting Color Inspiration challenges this week, based on her favorite color combinations from the Paper Crafts Color Inspiration for Card Makers Magazine - Yes, the very magazine that I'm using to challenge myself this year! So of course I had to play along! And you should too!

Today's card is for the Bright and Bold Challenge. Here is the fabulous color combination:


And of course, the DEEtails:

I love the SU! Polka Dot background stamp and inked it with Regal Rose on Whisper White card stock. I added a Basic Black mat, Scallop Edge and some Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain ribbon. Then I added a Decorative Label punch and a SU! Punch Potpourri butterfly, inked with VersaMark and embossed. Then I stamped the sentiment from SU!'s A Word for You, cut out and layered over the butterfly.

4 comments:

  1. WOW ~ those colors are a challenge but you really hit it on this one. Love the clean & simple look even those embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the challenge. Love that bit of black. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright & Bold indeed and beautiful.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nina! Thanks for entering the Bright & Bold challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete