June 5, 2010

Hello Summer!


This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge totally says "Hello Summer!"


Here are the DEEtails for my card:

1. I took a cue from the striped pillow in the front and started with a long Old Olive card.

2. I grabbed various ribbons from my stash, including the Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon from the District Ribbon Originals, Crushed Curry polka-dot grosgrain ribbon and Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon. I used sticky strip to stack the ribbons to create random stripes.

3. I wanted to include a floral design from the pillows in the back, so I pulled out some flower stamps my Itty Bitty Buds and Berry Christmas sets. I stamped them randomly on my card with VersaMark and embossed them.

4. Finally, I added the hello stamp from my Hello Again set in Basic Black to say "Hello" to summer! :)

5. Quick and simple! Now I can relax with a cold glass of limeade! Hello Summer!


Just a heads up that I will be joining Mary Fish's Pretty Pals this Tuesday in a blog hop. You'll want to peek in at all 17 bloggers who will be throwing a "retirement party" for Stampin' Up!'s 30 retiring colors! We'll be celebrating with some Blog CanDEE, so you definitely won't want to miss it! Be sure to hop on over on Tuesday, June 8!

7 comments:

  1. Love how you used ribbon for the striping! So glad you play at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the ribbon, too! Very unique! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards!

    I was glad to see some of the in colors made it. I love that entire color combo. In addition, I am glad chocolate chip, certainly celery and so saffron is along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina! My favorite carryover--and this might seem like a big Duh! is whisper white!!! Seriously, I've never found a better white paper to stamp on than SU whisper white. Its just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sample fond farewell cards! My favorite is Deesign No. 1! What a fun & easy card! Thanks for sharing that one especially! Hmmm....my favorite carryover color.....I really like Choc. chip, but I'm a HUGE pink & purple gal, so I'm gonna say....Pretty in Pink!
    Sharon L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card samples. especially the masculine sample. that color scheme just shouts out male. ThankU for the great ideas.
    I am so glad certain celery, choc. chip and sahara sand are returning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to emulate the pillow with the ribbon. Very fun! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete