March 4, 2019

Currently... March 2019

How have you been, friend? Here's what's new with me!


WATCHING: Ralph Breaks the Internet
As you may know, we are huge Disney fans around here. Our daughter was so excited to see this movie because she wanted to see the princesses in different clothes. She cracks us up. I'll have to admit that there are some parts that I wasn't sure about for her, but she loved it all the same. I'm still in awe that Disney was able to figure out a way to animate what the internet is like on the inside! 


READING: As Old as Time by Liz Braswell
I recently shared that I'm reading the third book in the Twisted Tales series. I just finished it and loved it! What should I read next?



LISTENING: to Cultivate a Good Life
I only just discovered this podcast and am just a few episodes in. You guys, it is SO good. It has given me much to think about. My favorite episodes so far? Episode 004: Kids + Technology and Episode 006: Check Your Marriage Temperature.


EATING: waffles
My daughter gifted my her daddy a mini waffle maker for Christmas (she makes me laugh so much) and he has been spoiling us with waffles on special mornings. At first he thought it was a totally lame gift, but I think he secretly loves it. It makes her smile to get waffles, which she claims is one of her favorite foods (along with donuts and soup) and it makes him smile to see her eat her breakfast with such enthusiasm. 


DRINKING: tea
I shared this just last week that I'm enjoying tea in the evenings to relax after a long day of work. Currently, I'm enjoying this English Rose Tea from Republic of Tea.


WEARING: Dr. Seuss inspired outfits
Last week our school celebrated Read Across America and we have been wearing some fun outfits. I love spirit weeks. It seems strange to think of it this way, but it is kind of a no-brainer for when it comes to outfit planning if it is spirit week. The photo above is my fellow school counselor and I twinning on Thing 1 Thing 2 day.

MAKING: time to read
I just recently blogged about how I'm not a reader... Since then, I've been reading up a storm! I've already finished 3 books within two months and am halfway into another! I think I'm going to try out these Villains books next...

PLANNING: a trip to Japan
We're heading to Japan this fall and we are so excited. We are going to celebrate the Shichi-Go-San festival with our daughter. I know it's a while away, but we are starting to make our plans!

TRYING: to keep up with blogging! 
I know I haven't been very good at blogging (for several years...) and I'm trying to get back into the habit. I hope that one day I will have more inspiring and encouraging content for you... For now, I'm just trying to keep up with my life!

WANTING: a good night's sleep
Our little girl has recently been waking up a lot in the middle of the night. We're trying to figure out the best formula to get her to sleep soundly through the night. 

FEELING: a little tired...
see above


ENJOYING: lots of puzzles
Our daughter is on a huge puzzle kick right now and we are having so much fun! We recently got this 4 in 1 box of Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzles. After completing a 750 Dumbo puzzle, these smaller ones seem much more do-able! 

So... what's new with you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment