July 2, 2018

18 for 2018 Update

As we enter July, I should be halfway done with my 18 for 2018 list. So here's an update!

1. Build LEGO Disney Castle
I go through spurts of building and then not building... but I've made 75% progress on the castle! It's coming together quite nicely!
progress: 75%


2. Find pants that fit and look good for work
I actually ordered some pants from Old Navy and thought that I liked them... But when I went to wear them, I decided I didn't like them as much as I thought. Is this negative progress?
progress: 0%


3. Create artwork for our home
I brought out the canvas that I want to use... That's progress, right?
progress: 5%


4. Get e-mail inboxes to zero
This is big, guys! I've gotten three of my four ginormous inboxes down to ZERO! Hooray! Now all I have to do is tackle my work e-mail.
progress: 75%


5. Konmari
I'm going to say I'm about 50% done with this one. My house feels about 50% lighter. Is that a good assessment?
progress: 50%


6. Make a card organizer
Honestly, I haven't even thought about this one...
progress: 0%


7. Paint a room or closet
When I wrote my 18 for 2018 list, I was really excited for this one, but my hubby keeps telling me how ridiculous this is. I've been trying to look at paint colors and recently got the okay to paint our hall closet - the tiniest and least obtrusive space in our home, so it's a go! 
progress: 0%


8. Read 4 new books
Believe me when I tell you that I am a slow reader. So I'm pretty proud of my progress on this one. I finished my first book and am almost halfway into my second book. 
progress: about 35%


9. Start Project Life
Still waiting on #15.
progress: 0%


10. Sell stamps and craft supplies
Now that summer is here I'm really going to focus on this. I promise!
progress: So far, only 5%


11. Clean the attic
Nope.
progress 0%


12. Make something from Pinterest
Still thinking on this one...
progress: 0%


13. Complete an ASCA course
Oh, I kind of forgot about this one... Oops! I need to just sit down and whip this out.
progress: 50%


14. Finish 2016 & 2017 photo books
Nothing new here...
progress: 12.5%


15. Set up the Craft Room/Office
My hubby also recently hung up my ribbon racks, which has really gotten me itching to start crafting again! Next up is hanging my pegboard, figuring out a system for my punches, and organizing my stamps. It's coming along! Hooray!
progress: I think about 50%!?


16. Make 12 cards
I have officially made 2 cards! Woohoo! 
progress: 17%


17. Organize my School Counseling Curriculum
Right now, I'm in the midst of rearranging all the furniture in my office to make space for a second counselor. So although I actually making pretty decent progress on this on the last update, it's been at a bit of a standstill right now. I'm confident that I'll be completely done with this by the end of the summer. 
progress: still about 30%ish


18. Write 18 blog posts Change my name
I decided that I needed to change this. Since completing the 18 items on my list is the whole point of 18 for 2018, it seemed silly to have one the items write about them as I complete them. I decided to revise this to change my name because this really was a goal of mine this year and I felt like it was getting ignored because of this list. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at the end of the year, and I think it's about time that I take his name. After all, 10 years seems pretty official, right? I've made the decision and printed out the paperwork that I need to complete, so I'm going to go with 25% progress! Ha!
progress: 25

Last time I posted a similar long and boring post about my 18 for 2018 progress, I got a huge burst of energy (accountability!) and got to work on a bunch of stuff. So here's hoping for another burst! And thanks again for the accountability :)

No comments:

Post a Comment