September 13, 2010

Patterned Topiary


Here's my DEEsign for the current Embellish Magazine Color Challenge using Paper Piecing. Okay, so this isn't exactly paper piecing, but I hope it's close enough! The inspiration colors are fabulous and I just had to play along. I love green and yellow plus a little kraft! These are totally my colors! :)



Here are the DEEtails:

I was immediately drawn to the photo on the left, with all the burlap and the fabulous moss monogram. I started by punching my circles out of Haiku DSP. I used my 1 1/4", 1", and 3/4" circle punches. Then I cut a 1/4" strip of Early Espresso card stock, which I used as my stem. I adhered my topiary pieces to my stem, then "potted" it in a Soft Suede pot, tied with a piece of Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon. Instead of using Kraft cardstock, I pulled out a piece of burlap, cut it to size, pulled out a couple threads from each side, then adhered it to my card. I added my topiary. I added some more yellow by tying some Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon to the side of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

6 comments:

  1. So creative and gorgeous! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors, too. This is such a simple and charming topiary. The burlap is perfect. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, and I love that fabulous burlap ! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the striking layout of your card, Nina! CUTE! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge! (Cute blog, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patterned topiary adds an artistic touch to green spaces. These sculpted plants, shaped with precision, elevate garden aesthetics. 10 Most Popular The intricate designs and lush foliage create a captivating focal point.

    ReplyDelete