September 13, 2010

Patterned Topiary


Here's my DEEsign for the current Embellish Magazine Color Challenge using Paper Piecing. Okay, so this isn't exactly paper piecing, but I hope it's close enough! The inspiration colors are fabulous and I just had to play along. I love green and yellow plus a little kraft! These are totally my colors! :)



Here are the DEEtails:

I was immediately drawn to the photo on the left, with all the burlap and the fabulous moss monogram. I started by punching my circles out of Haiku DSP. I used my 1 1/4", 1", and 3/4" circle punches. Then I cut a 1/4" strip of Early Espresso card stock, which I used as my stem. I adhered my topiary pieces to my stem, then "potted" it in a Soft Suede pot, tied with a piece of Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon. Instead of using Kraft cardstock, I pulled out a piece of burlap, cut it to size, pulled out a couple threads from each side, then adhered it to my card. I added my topiary. I added some more yellow by tying some Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon to the side of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

5 comments:

  1. So creative and gorgeous! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors, too. This is such a simple and charming topiary. The burlap is perfect. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, and I love that fabulous burlap ! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the striking layout of your card, Nina! CUTE! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge! (Cute blog, too!)

    ReplyDelete