December 14, 2010

Happy For You CASE Study

So I've been eyeing up Iwona Palamountain's (Chupa's) CASE Study challenge for a while, but haven't had a chance to play along. I'm here today to share my first CASE'd card!


Okay, I'll be honest with you... I basically just copied. I loved Nina B's original so much, that I kept all the elements of her card.


Here are the DEEtails:

Nina B had a bring pink background, so I used Melon Mambo. She had some fabulous doilies, so I used a couple of Martha Stewart mini doilies. Then I added some crochet trim, like Nina B. Here's where I deviated: I used Early Espresso Satin ribbon, while Nina B used black. I don't think I have the patience to make fabric Kanzashi flowers like Nina B, so I made a book page flower out of scallop circles. I loved her rhinestone center, so I added a rhinestone, to a Itty Bitty Punch circle atop an Early Espresso button. I stamped my sentiment, Happy, from a Happy Birthday stamp from SU!'s A Little Birthday Cheer set and For You, from SU!'s Great Friend set with Early Espresso ink on Whisper White card stock and punched it out to adhere to the senter of my doily. I added an Early Espresso and Whisper White layer underneath to add the last elements of the original card.

Thanks for peeking in today!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely design, Nina :) Great lacy circles, they make the card so cheerful! I'm glad you took the time to play with us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy, schmopy. It looks great! I love how you incorporated the text from Nina's background on the flower itself. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is beautiful! I love how you used REAL doilies! This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete